How to create and give unforgettable (vitual) presentations
“Can you hear me?”, “I can’t see the slides”, “I think you’re still on mute”. These are probably the most commonly used phrases during online meetings. All well and good when making the initial switch, but if we really want our listeners to not go into ‘Netflix mode’, there’s a lot involved in giving an online training or presentation.
“Online, people drop out even faster, so we have to sharpen our training techniques in getting our message across.”
Giving an online presentation or training is just a little bit different than standing in front of a group. Your audience is more easily distracted and you speak to a camera instead of to a physical group. And yet, with a few adjustments, you can also use your offline presentation skills online.
During this online traing we will look at how we can help people to process and apply new experiences and knowledge in the most efficient and sustainable way. We call these principles the brain principles, each of which includes concrete action points and rules to make sure your online training sticks.
- 1. Creating memories:
- What happens in our brain when we give an online presentation?
- From short term memory to long term memory.
- 2. Make it stick:
- 3. The online attention span:
- 4. Use all sense:
After this course :
- You will know what happens in the brain when we follow online presentations.
- You will be able to use different tools and media to reinforce your (main) message.
- You will be able to deal with the audience’s reactions (feedback).
- You will learn techniques and tools to keep people’s attention online.
- You will be able to apply the scientific principles of multimedia design to your own presentation.
- Use of different formats and working tools (online)
- Personal action plan (bringing theory to the workplace)
- E-book with exercises and templates
- Scientific translation
This training can be used perfectly as a plug and play training, but can just as well be part of a Learning Journey. Below are a few examples that you can use to increase the effect of the training:
- Pre- and post-course with digital learning prompts
- Customised visuals and/or”e-book”
- Small group practice session
- Individual coaching afterwards
- Half day
- Half day + 2h follow-up coaching session
- Duration: half a day (2.5h)
- Languages: ENG, NL, FR
- Online tools: Zoom, Teams, Webex
Want to know what else we do on the topic "Learn"?
Accelerate your learning and do it yourself!
See our 'do-it-yourself' solutions
BUILDING THE SKILLS
What formats are there to teach these skills?
We all learn in different forms and in different ways. To implement the skills that are important for your organization, it is crucial that the used learning tools have the necessary impact and are aligned with your organizational culture. Based on our expertise and experience we distinguish the following:
There are currently no events in French. By clicking on the button below, you can consult the events organised in Dutch.