IN A NOISY WORLD
Conscious and productive working and planning on the rhythm of your brain
Do you need to work in an undisturbed and focused way for once? You are not alone. There have never been more distractions than now. We are exposed to five times more stimuli today than a few decades ago.
Dynamic, challenging and exciting, yes. But also more complex. How often does one phone call or agenda change throw your schedule completely out of whack?
In such an environment, there is one skill that becomes more important every day: focus!
“If you can cut yourself off from stimuli, switch quickly between projects and really recharge your brain, you will not only be more productive, you will also save valuable mental energy.”
In the interactive training course Keeping focus in a noisy world, your concentration and focus spots are central. This way you can immediately apply scientific knowledge and new skills in your work environment.
After this training you will know that there are different kinds of focus and that they are closely related to each other. You learn when you have to focus on one task, when you can combine tasks and what this exactly does to your brain.
You recognise focus points, can control them, know how to give attention to the right things and organise your work to the rhythm of your brain.
You learn in a group, work on a personal action plan and receive a useful visual and/or e-book that you can also use after the training.
- 3 types of focus How well are you focused on your vision and mission (long-term)? Do you have the necessary routines and plans to realise them (transition)? And can you focus on the task at hand (short term)?
- Singletasking of multitasking? The three types of focus no longer hold any secrets for you. Now we zoom in on the short term. Do you choose for one task or do you combine? And what does multitasking do to your brain?
- Distractions, interruptions and temptations Do you know where and when your focus disappears? Then get rid of distractions, interruptions and temptations!
- From busyness to being productive f You have your focus leaks under control? Then it’s time to consciously pay attention to the right things and make productive choices.
- Plan and work in a balanced way Your brain uses a lot of energy. If you want to work in a focused way, you have to plan your working days and weeks according to your own rhythm.
- Your focus Your personal action plan. What you take with you from the learning place to your workplace.
After this training:
- You know the difference between short-term focus, transition focus and long-term focus.
- You know when to focus on one task and what the impact of multitasking is.
- You recognise your focus leaks and know how to avoid them.
- You can apply techniques to consciously focus your attention and make productive choices.
- You can plan your work in a way that suits you.
- Concrete cases from the group
- Group exercises
- Personal action plan (translation of theory to the workplace)
- Scientific translation
- Visual, file cards and/or e-book for each participant
This training can be used perfectly as a plug and play training, but can just as well be part of a Learning Journey. Below are a few examples that you can use to increase the effect of the training:
- Pre- and post-course via digital learning incentives
- Customised visuals and/or (e-)book
- Individual coaching afterwards
Variants (with impact on programme):
- Half a day
- Max. 12 participants
- Duration: per half day (3,5 hours)
- Language: ENG, FR, NL
- Tools online: Zoom, Teams & Webex
Want to know what else we do on the skill 'Focus'?
Accelerate your learning and do it yourself!
See our 'do-it-yourself' solutions
BUILDING THE SKILLS
What formats are there to teach these skills?
We all learn in different forms and in different ways. To implement the skills that are important for your organization, it is crucial that the used learning tools have the necessary impact and are aligned with your organizational culture. Based on our expertise and experience we distinguish the following:
There are currently no events in French. By clicking on the button below, you can consult the events organised in Dutch.